Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

Tuition Exchange

Main Navigation


Ajax Loading Image


I am thinking about applying for employment at a TE school...

If you are considering applying at a TE school to receive TE opportunities for your dependents OR switching jobs to another TE school, please understand there are often eligibility requirements.  These requirements can include years of service, and in some cases, the type of employment you are seeking makes a difference.  For example, adjunct faculty generally do not qualify.  Schools often contract food service, physical plant services, and even HR services.  In these cases, the employee is not considered an employee of the college. 

Tuition Exchange Central is unable to provide you with answers or guidance regarding employment decisions.  Please contact Human Resources at the school where you are seeking employment.  They are your best resource.

If you find yourself no longer employed by the school, you are typically no longer eligible for TE opportunities.  If in doubt, contact your Tuition Exchange Liaison Officer at the school where you were employed.  When you notify the EXPORT employer of your decision to leave, your TE scholarship may expire at the end of the current enrollment period.  For example, if you tell your EXPORT employer you are resigning July 1, your student’s eligibility expires July 1.  Likewise, if you notify your EXPORT employer you are leaving effective October 15, your student’s eligibility expires December 31.  Any further TE scholarship funding is canceled

To be eligible to apply for Tuition Exchange scholarships, the student must be the dependent of an eligible employee at one the Tuition Exchange member schools.  If you or an immediate family member is not an employee of an eligible TE school - you do not qualify for Tuition Exchange. For unique dependency questions - visit with your employer about your situation.  TE Central is not able to help determine if you are eligible or respond to dependency questions - only your Export TE Liaison Officer can.

If you or an immediate family is an employee of an eligible TE school, please visit with your TE Liaison Officer.  To find your TELO click here.  Your TE Liaison Officer is the best person for EXPORT information.  



No comments have been added yet. Please add yours!