2022-23 Training Information and other important information
I hope this finds you healthy and enjoying the sunshine! I am providing the following updates as many TELOs ask the same questions.
- Recertification MUST be completed no later than June 25. If the EXPORT school does not recertify all eligible students, the student must complete a new application.
- If your school has open Recertifications, Info@tuitionexchange.org is sending you reminders many times throughout the week. Initially, 161 reminders were sent; as of this writing, only 65 remain. We need the number to be 0. Thank you!
- TE Central will continue sending emails to all schools with students in the RECERTIFY category. Please take care of this important task as soon as possible, before June 25.
- If you review your Enrollment Report and only see RECERTIFIED. Please check out students who may be on a Leave of Absence (LOA). Enrolled Students – Edit Students – look for YES in the far right column. If you have EXPORTS on LOA, please email Janet (firstname.lastname@example.org) the student's name and TEID. The record will be updated so that you can Recertify the student.
- If a student or parent is no longer eligible for a TE scholarship in 2022-23, update the expiration date. Enrollment Report – Click on the student's name, then again, and until June 30, click drop at the end of THIS semester. Be sure to email the IMPORT school, as we continue to find that families are not always honest about the student's TE scholarship ineligibility.
- Remember to FUND your continuing IMPORT students. View Submissions – New- Continuing Students – each student needs to be funded. Click on the student's name, enter the TE award in the scholarship section, enter 4 for the years (for everybody), and yes for approved. If the student will not receive the TE scholarship for 22-23, then click on the student's name, enter 0 for the scholarship amount, 0 for the years, and NO for approval. Please add a generic comment so that all understand the why.
- By completing the funding information, continuing students and families can track the student's TE scholarship progress via the Continuing Student status.
- IMPORT Schools - Please update the Financial Aid Office regarding continuing student awards. Many families ask the EXPORT TELO where my student's TE award is? I received a bill for Fall 2022. As a reminder to the EXPORT TELO – you do not know about import school issues – refer the STUDENT to her Import school.
- FERPA Rules is a federal law. Once a student graduates from high school or enrolls in college, the parent is no longer entitled to post-secondary information. The exception is a signed waiver from the student naming XX (name of parent) with whom the TELO may talk. There are no exceptions – please be careful. For more information, visit your Registrar.
- Membership Dues will be emailed on June 21. The due date is July 15. You have the option to pay with a check, credit card (no fees), or ACH. If your institution requires an invoice number or something else to pay the bill, please contact Kristine at email@example.com
- According to the IRS, there is no need for schools to request a new W-9 annually. TE Central posts a signed W-9 on our website. Please share the following link https://www.tuitionexchange.org/vnews/display.v/ART/55706c2dd89dc
- Transfer TE Grant applications are still being accepted. Follow the link for complete information. https://www.tuitionexchange.org/vnews/display.v/SEC/Liaison%20Officers
- Many TELOs are leaving/retiring, and each time emails are sent to TELOs, at least five are returned as no longer employed. Please review the Institution Account details for accuracy. If a listed TELO or backup is no longer serving in the role, please email Janet (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly with the new person's name, title, email, and phone number.
- Mandatory TRAINING is coming to a computer near you! Please be sure to try really hard to attend a live session. TE Central is offering eight different sessions throughout July. Copy and paste the link into your browser to register today! Please register for Tuition Exchange 2022-23 Mandatory Training on Jul 6, 2022, 1:00 PM CDT at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/115147878390049038 Be sure to review your email address before submitting your registration. You will not receive confirmation or webinar materials if the wrong email address is provided
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email about joining the webinar. Brought to you by GoTo Webinar® Webinars Made Easy®, Each session can accommodate up to 1,000 attendees. Materials will be provided in advance of the webinar.
- And finally, the TE Central staff will be unavailable starting Wednesday, June 13, through June 15. All calls and emails will be responded to beginning Monday, June 18. In the case of a TE emergency, please TEXT Janet at 402.418.1081. Every effort will be made to help you with your emergency. Thank you for understanding.
Stay healthy and take time for yourself – there are genuinely few emergencies in our world that cannot wait until tomorrow. Janet