TE may change this policy from time to time in response to new rules and regulations as well as emerging best practices for nonprofit organizations. Therefore, you should check this page on occasion to ensure that you are satisfied with TE’s information collection and dissemination practices.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES TE COLLECT?
TE collects information either directly from you or other sources such as a representative of a TE member institution, for example during the registration process for a TE webinar or application process for a TE scholarship or grant program, or membership profile. Any information acquired from other sources will only be used for a legitimate business interest (your data protection interests do not override that) or through your consent. The type of information TE collects varies by program/service, but often includes identifying information, such as name, title, address, email address, and phone number.
HOW DOES TE USE THE COLLECTED INFORMATION?
TE collects personal information to provide better service, and to:
- Manage student application accounts and provide transactional information to award gift assistance;
- Provide support for programs and services;
- Share with members, event participants, and sponsors under specific circumstances and conditions;
- Promote TE programs and services; and
- Provide information about relevant programs and services from TE member institutions.
HOW DOES TE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
TE is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, TE has put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure collected information.
DOES TE SHARE COLLECTED INFORMATION?
- TE will only disclose or share personally identifiable information with a third party when:
- Required by law or under a governmental request;
- Needed to provide requested services;
- Engaging trusted service providers (SOCS and HBP) who assume the responsibilities of the data processor to perform functions on TE’s behalf;
- Requested by a TE member, which may only be used once for a designated and agreed upon purpose; and
- Following TE’s standard liability waiver and release for the use of name and photo for a TE program.
HOW LONG DOES TE RETAIN INFORMATION?
When permissible by law, TE retains collected information indefinitely until advised to delete it. When a local law does not permit indefinite retention, for contacts at TE member institutions, TE retains collected data for the duration of membership. For contacts at nonmember institutions, collected information is retained up to two years from the date of TE’s most recent communication.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
You can view and edit your personal information on the TE website. You may request a copy of the information TE has on file about you or request that your personal information is deleted by contacting TE at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT TE?
The Tuition Exchange, Inc.
3 Bethesda Metro Center, Suite 700
Bethesda, MD 20814
Updated: July 6, 2018